Problems happen wen using system-config-kickstart tool to upgrade on fedora core 6

jing han jinghan98 at yahoo.ca
Mon Mar 5 20:06:41 UTC 2007

Hi All,

We have a system running on Fedora core 6 operating system. I use system-config-kickstart graphic tool to generate a ks.cfg file for upgrading our current system. Actually I don't want to upgrade anything for Fedora core 6, what I want is to upgrade some of our system's files  by making  use of  kickstart configurator.

My ks.cfg file generated by  system-config-kickstart is as follows:

#platform=x86, AMD64, or Intel EM64T
# System bootloader configuration
bootloader --location=mbr

# Use text mode install
text

# System keyboard
keyboard us

# System language
lang en_US

# Use CDROM installation media
cdrom

# Network information
network --bootproto=dhcp --device=eth0 --onboot=on

# Reboot after installation
reboot

#Root password
rootpw --iscrypted $1$806Or3vI$FL6Bm22KMtKZ3FTfq8j8Y.

# System timezone
timezone  America/New_York

# Upgrade existing installation
upgrade

# System authorization information
auth  --useshadow  --enablemd5

# Firewall configuration
firewall --enabled --http

%post

................ (our script follows here to install some new files into system)

I included this ks.cfg into my installation DVD. This DVD is a customized Fedora core 6 installation DVD with our ks.cfg, isolinux.cfg and our files on it, the rest of files are the same as FC6 installation DVD, except that I removed all the files in RPM directory, for I don't need them for upgrading.

 Then I installed this DVD into my system. When it get to "check dependencies ..." , an error message "No handlers could be found for logger yum.YumBase." show on the console,  After the upgrade finishes, none of our files are installed into the system. And When login into gnome GUI, an error box showed up: saying that:

An error occured while loading or saving configuration information for Nautilus. some of your configuration settings may not work properly.
An error occured while loading or saving configuration information for gnome-settings-daemon. some of your configurations settings may not work properly.
no gconfd located: no such file or directory.
Gconf schema installer error.
Failed to contact configuration server, some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash.....

Can any one tell me what's wrong with my kickstart file???

any feedback will be highly appreciated.

jing

http://mail.yahoo.com