virtual consoles are blank after resuming.

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Wed Mar 7 01:42:50 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 17:50 -0500, Michel Salim wrote:
> 2007/3/6, Rodd Clarkson <rodd at clarkson.id.au>:
> > Okay, I should have reported this one ages ago, but my virtual terminals
> > go blank after I resume from a suspend.
> >
> > Anyone else seeing this?
> >
> I get that too. Some video card drivers apparently do not get
> reinitialized properly. What's your video card? I have an ATi Radeon
> XPRESS 200M here. Had to use acpi_sleep=s3_bios to even get X Window
> back after resume.

I'm using the follow:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV41.8 [GeForce Go
6800] (rev a2)

Of course, I realized that after complaining about this I was just going
to get shot down since I'm using the nvidia driver.

Sadly, the nv driver doesn't resume, so the virtual-consoles aren't the
only things that remains blank on resume. ;-]

Hopefully enough others have seen this (using non-proprietary drivers)
that someone will take notice.  It sure makes debugging and fixing
things hard with X stops responding and you can't see a virt-console.

Arghhh.

R.

 It's much better on my side"