[SECURITY] Fedora Core 6 Test Update: kernel-2.6.20-1.2925.fc6

Ronald Warsow rwarsow at online.de
Tue Mar 13 23:13:54 UTC 2007

dragoran wrote:
> Chuck Ebbert wrote:
>> dragoran wrote:

> anyway thx, I will test it later today or tomorrow and report how it does

I'm running this kernel for some days on an x86_64 and since today on an
intel P4.
had the same issues with yum install kernel --enablerepo=...

it seem this/these kernel(s) are noticeable faster and this with some
debug options still on.

'got the same suspend issues on my P4 as reported here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2007-February/msg00668.html

suspending on x86_64 works and really fast -compared to older kernels-
but wakes up with:
vbetool[28603]: segfault at 000000000000ae19 rip 000000000042417f rsp
00007fff12

IIRC, this issue is or similar issues are already in bz.

questions:
- are there some more debug options *OFF* :-) , if it becomes a release
kernel ?
leads to:
- what is the main diff. between a *test* kernel and a *release* kernel:
'want say: is it necessary to *exchange* the test kernel with the
release kernel, when there is a same-version release kernel ?
('want to save some yum remove... / yum install tasks, if possible)

- are there some Intel-P4-rawhide-running-girls/guys out there, to
verify that suspend issue ?

- should i bz this suspend issue, in general|then ?

--
      ronald