yum and broken deps

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Mar 14 10:51:52 UTC 2007

oldman wrote:

I was thinking that the -- followed by the parameter would not matter
for order.

I didn't have any luck with the plugin and resorted to the script that
Dave posted a long while back to update the system. The strange thing is
that after letting the script update the remaining packages, (Mostly
gnome)the remaining packages were ALL installed. Running yum with or
without the --skip-broken parameter would fail to complete successfully.

All rpms are installed from development now.

Jim

--
We don't really understand it, so we'll give it to the programmers.