suspend not working on fc7 (rawhide)

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Wed Mar 21 05:03:06 UTC 2007

Suspend has stopped working on my Dell Inspiron 9300.

FWIW I'm using the nvidia driver, but mostly because suspend (or more
correctly resume hasn't worked with the 'nv' driver since FC5  - I've
bz'ed it).

It was working about 10 days ago, but now tells me that it has failed
and to check the help files.

I've done this and all seems fine:

[rodd at localhost ~]$ lshal | grep can_suspend
  power_management.can_suspend = true  (bool)
  power_management.can_suspend_to_disk = true  (bool)
  power_management.can_suspend_to_ram = true  (bool)
[rodd at localhost ~]$ gconftool-2 -R /apps/gnome-power-manager | grep can
can_hibernate = true
 can_suspend = true
[rodd at localhost ~]$

Anyone else noticed suspend no longer working.

R.

 It's much better on my side"