a2ps deps

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Wed Mar 21 12:11:01 UTC 2007

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 10:00:21AM +0100, Adam Pribyl wrote:
> I can not update my development/rawhide system for several days now,
> because I have a2ps package installed and it requires dependencies
> tetex-dvips
> tetex-fonts
> tetex-latex
> texinfo-tex
> etc.
> Those package are not present on any mirror and I am not able to verify if
> its present in
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/os/Fedora/
> because this directory access times out (already several days).

I had the same problem. I found, though, the dependencies were on remote
machines such as the mirror at kernel.org. What I did was download the
missing dependencies and install them with 'rpm -ivh', then grabbed a2ps
and 'rpm -Fvh'. Things have gone smoothly since then, but I've not
figured out why 'yum' couldn't do this. Perhaps some bug ...

Art Haas

-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822