iwlwifi, NetworkManager, .... ?

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 14:22:10 UTC 2007

I haven't been able to get the 'new and cool' iwlwifi driver included
in the latest kernels working with my ipw3945 NIC.

'iwlist eth0 scan' appears to work properly, but NetworkManager
refuses to associate.

I recall in a previous thread that NM needed some patches to make this
work. Has that happened?

Fails to associate with open  (thanks Google!), WEP or WPA networks.

Get these messages during boot:

wmaster0: Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) ; SET failed
on device wmaster0 : Operation not supported
SIOCSIFFLAGS: operation not supported

I've killed NM and tried to associate manually, but haven't been successful.

Any hints?

Am I just jumping the gun on NM?

thanks,
   tom