xorg version is wrong?

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Tue Mar 27 13:50:44 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 23:48 -0700, Darius Ivanauskas wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just installed F7T2. And after all updates i tried to setup native ati driver. And I failed it seems because of faulty X Window System version reported on latest xorg build. Below is fragments of Xorg.0.log file. As you can see the "X Window System Version" has same string as the xorg server version itself.
> I suppose Xorg version should be 7.3 RC 2 or something from 7.X, but not 1.X ... :)

The server's version number _is_ 1.2.99.902.  The X server's version
number has been decoupled from the Xorg katamari number since 7.0, it's
just that now the log is printing the server number.

I'll check with upstream to see if there's a cleaner way of printing the
log message, but it's almost certain that the fglrx installer will need
updates.

- ajax