please help test new Festival in test 3

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Mar 29 17:31:51 UTC 2007

The new test release (as with Rawhide the past few days) has much-changed
Festival 1.96 packages. (Festival is a speech synthesis and text-to-speech
system, if you're not already aware.) I'd really appreciate if people could
give this a good looking-over.

It should be installed by default with the normal desktop install, although
it'll only have the slt_arctic_hts voice by default (something I hope to
correct by the final Fedora 7 release). You can add the rest with (as root)

  yum install "festvox-*"

Please send any feedback to me directly, or file in bugzilla (use
this link for a handy template: <http://mattdm.org/misc/festival/bug>), or
post about it here. Whatever's easiest for you.

Thanks for your help!