Ethernet still unreliable

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sat Mar 31 20:04:06 UTC 2007

Previously I reported that every kernel since 2869 has
a reliability problem with PCI ethernet adapters.
(Not exactly a reliability problem - it is certain to
fail within a day or two, usually an hour or so.)

This is with an Asus A8N-E motherboard with 3 GB RAM.
I've tried two or three different brands of ethernet
boards with the same result.

With FC7 the assignment of the motherboard ethernet
and the PCI ethernet is reversed, but the bug remains.
The PCI ethernet connection to the outside world quit
during the initial set of updates.  So the bug is still
there.

According to emails I've received, I'm not the only
one with a Fedora that can't keep the networks
running for long.

As before, returning to 2869 restores normal operation.

This showstopper was first reported Feb 1.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665