sd, sd, who's got the sd - rel notes info for upgraders - needs review

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Wed May 2 22:39:52 UTC 2007

On Thu, 03 May 2007 07:35:16 +1000
David Timms <dtimms at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> OK, I did an initial version  of what I understand existing Fedora users
> will need to do to be able to upgrade to F7:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/Installer
> under "Disk partitions must be labeled"

Couple of additions: The LABEL= syntax is also used in the grub.conf
file, so you need to change it as well as the fstab to get all the
places that need to know about labels.

There are also swap partitions and reiserfs partitions. Anyone
know how to change the labels on them? (One suggestion was just
to recreate swap from scratch using the -L option, but I still
have no idea about reiser).

Would sure be nice if there were a general purpose label tool that
checked the partition type and knew how to do the right thing
for that partition.