FC7T4 Not Seeing Pre-existing software raid arrays

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Fri May 4 03:30:11 UTC 2007

Am I the only person who is having this problem with FC7T3 & 4 and
network installs of development?

Clean install attempts on a test machine that is currently running
rawhide just fine fail since anaconda does not see all pre-existing raid
arrays and those it does see are classified as having foreign file
systems, not ext3.  I have to copy /etc/mdadm.conf to the proposed boot
drive and go to console 2 at the beginning of the install to start the
arrays, then lvm vgchange the LVs.  Only then does the partitioner in
anaconda see all of the arrays and the LVs.  Install works fine after that.

--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)