Help Market Linux

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Mon May 7 20:21:05 UTC 2007

Robin Laing wrote:
> Brian C. Huffman wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I apologize in advance b/c I know it's not usually good list
>> etiquette to advertise on a list, but I know that we all love linux
>> (I would hope so) and one of the greatest challenges to getting linux
>> "out there" is that most people don't know about it.  Marketing for
>> OpenSource isn't easy.
>> To get on with the point, there's a group of linux users / advocates
>> out of Indiana that are trying to have linux as a sponsor for a car
>> in the Indianapolis 500 this year.  Depending on the amount of money
>> that is raised, it could be the minor associate, associate, major
>> associate or primary sponsor of a car.  These then decide how often
>> and how large the linux logo (tux) appears on the car.
>> If this sounds like a worthwhile contribution to you, you can read
>> more and donate here: http://tux500.com.
>>

> This was posted before and I read someplace that this is a scam.
>
> One link.
> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/85803/index.html
>
> And another
> http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/15483
>
> If you really want to promote linux, start by promoting OSS for
> Windows and to have some real fun, promote Beryl 3D over Vista Aero.

WTF!!! I just spend $10 donating

And Another $100 on T shirts http://www.spreadshirt.com/ hoax maybe?

http://www.indy500.com/news/story.php?story_id=8602 <-- Dont know if
this is an reliable Indy 500 source

It's A good publicity stunt if it's true.
Better yet put on MClaren in F1 (  Real racing, not just right turn,
left if counterclockwise )
Now that would be something,

Well easy come easy go..

+ I've spent more on one evening at the pub ;)

Best Regards
                    Johann B. now few bucks shorter....

--

Johann B. Gudmundsson. RHCE,CCSA
Unix System Engineer.
Taeknigardi, Dunhaga 5.             Email:        johannbg at hi.is
IS-107 Reykjavik.                   Phone:        +354-525-4267
Iceland.                              Fax:        +354-552-8801