GParted included in FC7, but doesnt support LVM !!!!!!!

Dawid Zamirski dzrudy at gmail.com
Tue May 15 16:03:04 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 12:25 +0200, LarryT wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have been told by some GParted end-users that GParted has been
> included into the next FC7 release.
> Is it true ?
> Do you know that atm GParted doesn't support LVM ?
>
> --
> LarryT, GParted-livecd maintainer
> Main site : http://gparted.sourceforge.net/
> GParted forum : http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/index.php
> Beta version : http://gparted.free.fr/beta/

Although GParted doesn't support LVM, it was still very useful for me to
have it on LiveCD because I was able to use it to resize existing NTFS
partition to make a room for Fedora on my machine at work.
The message suggesting "This is an LVM partition, therefore, please use
system-config-lvm to manage it" when LVM is detected would be more
useful than just "Unknown partition type".