rawhide report: changes

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu May 17 22:53:47 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Build System wrote:
>> New package php-pear-HTML-QuickForm-ElementGrid
>>     Meta-element which holds any other element in a grid
>>
> Please fix these reports to have a date in the subject.
Does the message indicate they are now available in the repo ? Perhaps
they should have the standard headers like existing packages - ie when
who and the initial version.

I also noticed some oddities in other entries:
! missing blank line:

aircrack-ng-0.9-1.fc7
---------------------
* Mon May 14 2007 Till Maas <opensource till name> - 0.9-1
- update to latest version
anaconda-11.2.0.59-1
--------------------

! missing comment for perl-File-Next:

* Mon May 14 2007 Ralf Corsépius <rc040203 at freenet.de> - 0.33-1
- Upstream update.

perl-File-Next-0.40-1.fc7
-------------------------

perl-Module-Refresh-0.13-1.fc7
------------------------------

and:

- Upstream sync
php-pear-MDB2-Driver-mysql-1.4.1-1.fc7
--------------------------------------

php-pear-Net-Socket-1.0.8-1.fc7
-------------------------------
* Tue May 08 2007 Remi Collet <Fedora at FamilleCollet.com> 1.0.8-1

etc.
=====
I would suggest that build system should not be allowed to make an
updated package available without at least mention of the person who
instigated it, and their comment {better - minimum 5 words}.

Reasoning - even in summary form - now that many people can do lots, it
is more important that changes are notarized / traced.

DaveT.

ps: I see lots of package updates from non-redhat staff :-) This merge
thing is really in action !!!