Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

Jeff Guerdat jguerdat at gmail.com
Wed May 23 14:50:44 UTC 2007

Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:

>  I am running F7, as far as I know fully updated. I can not install
> ipw3945 or iwlwifi (from atrpms), because yum says, the right kernel
> (/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.21-1.3142.fc7) is missing. The system does not even
> seem to be aware of the existence of the adapter (it does work,
> however, under Windows XP). I have no idea what to do next.

I've installed various modules from ATrpms by simply downloading the
ones I want and manually install them.  I get the same issue with
wanting to update a non-existent kernel so, at least for now, I just do
the manual installs.  Works fine, lasts a long time...

--
Jeff Guerdat

The two most abundant things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
                                                          Harlan Ellison