Weird fsck

Jim Bevier jim at jbsys.com
Fri May 25 15:57:08 UTC 2007

Yesterday while booting up a new OS (Athlon 64 X2 kernel 2.6.21-1.3189.fc7),
the root ext3 partition had been mounted 20 time and the system said a check
was required.  It failed with an uncorrectable error.  I tried it again and
again it failed and dropped me into a shell prompt.  I know there should not
be any error.  So, I booted into FC6 which ran the check on the partition
when booting..  It passed OK.  Rebooting into FC7 booted up OK.  Is this
some sort of voodoo magic or is there some reason for this weird fsck
error???

Jim