Fedora 7 Final testing

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat May 26 06:18:15 UTC 2007

The upgrade process is pretty slow. I have been watching an FC5 to F7
upgrade for almost 12 hours now. 1350 packages were being updated.
The machine is fairly old (512MB memory, 800MHz P3, 5400rpm disks), but this
still seems excessive. It has been in finishing upgrade for about an hour
and a half. It looks like it is running some processes (ldconfig
and some desktop update stuff) over and over again. It looks like this
may be a case of a lot of packages running the same stuff as part of
their post install scripts. But I suspect that ldconfig and desktop
update could be run once for the whole transaction rather than once
for each package that needs it.