ipw3945 on f7t4

dragoran dragoran drago01 at gmail.com
Tue May 1 22:04:36 UTC 2007

On 5/1/07, Tom London <selinux at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/1/07, dragoran dragoran <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On 5/1/07, Tom London <selinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > No, and thanks for the offer of help.
> > >
> > > It would help if you could provide steps for wpa_supplicant.  (Sorry,
> > > but I've forgotten....).
> > >
> > > I'll have to shutdown NetworkManager first, right?  Anything else?
> >
> >  you need a config file call it whatever you want ex:
> wpa_supplicant.conf ;)
> > mine looks like this:
> > ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
> > ctrl_interface_group=wheel
> >
> > network={
> >         ssid="yourssid"
> >         proto=WPA
> >         key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
> >         scan_ssid=1
> >         pairwise=TKIP
> >         group=TKIP
> >         psk="yourpassword"
> > }
> >
> > then do (as root)
> > /sbin/service NetworkManager stop
> > /usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -dd -D wext -i wlan0 -c /yoor/configfile.conf
> > open a second terminal (after it has assiotated) and type (as root)
> > dhclient wlan0
> > after this the network should be up and running
> >
> Thanks.
>
> This seems to work much better. In fact, I'm sending this message on a
> WPA network.

:)

Also, the [INFO possible recursive locking detected ] appears gone.

for me it always show up when the interface goes on for the first time...
but it does not seem to affect anything

Something funny with NM/kernel interaction?  Scans during association?

dunno...seems to be a problem with nm+iwlwifi (have not tryed yet but will
do tomorrow)
try open a new terminal and do iwlist scan
I tryed this and nothing bad happend.(scan during association)

tom