F7t4 - intel driver doesn't seem to hot-swap displays

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Thu May 3 06:32:50 UTC 2007

Anthony Joseph Seward wrote:
>>> The new version of the xrandr command line tool should give you enough
>>> rope to hang yourself here.
>> Thanks!  With some experimentation and Googling I even managed to get
>> dual-screen working pretty well.  (I had edit the "Virtual" Display size
>> in xorg.conf, which is clunky.)  Perhaps for F8 we'll have a nice
>> GUI interface for managing multiple displays, but for now this works.
>> --
>
> Would you mind making your xorg.conf available?

I've attached it.  The only change I made manually was adding the
     Virtual         3040 1200
line.

To switch to dual monitors, I do:
xrandr --output  LVDS  --auto  --output VGA --auto --right-of LVDS

To switch to laptop-only, I do:
xrandr --output  LVDS  --auto

[I'm back to using FC6, until the wireless situation stabilizes.
And, alas, neither suspend nor hibernate work - but they didn't
in FC6 either.]
--
	--Per Bothner