kcryptd's priority

Guido Ledermann guido.ledermann at googlemail.com
Sat May 12 14:33:00 UTC 2007

Hello,

I really don't know if this is the right list, but as I am now
extensivly testing dm-crypt under F7 I post this here.

The priority of kcryptd is by default set to nice -5. I always have to
change this manually by renicing it to 0 to let the system work well. If
the nice value ist set to something <= 0 I experienced that the system
often stutters and hangs for a second or so.

Is there an optione where I can change the nice value of kcryptd during
the system start, or ist this hard coded somewhere? I have tried to
renice it in /etc/rc.local but it sams to me, that kcryptd starts
_after_ rc.local is processed.

Guido