F7T4 DVD spin GRUB awful in Rawhide's qemu

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Wed May 16 16:00:56 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have some questions concerning qemu and Fedora 7 Test 4:

I am, for some time now, on rawhide and would like to install F7T4 in qemu (I
want a clean separate install on virtual machine and get screenshots from
install phase, etc.) and what I got when grub starts is rather crippled image of
what grub looks like when booted in a real PC [1]. Is it a grub bug or qemu bug
or neither? After grub, everything seems to be OK (I am just at the point of
"resolving dependences").

Also, I installed virt-manager and it seems to know that I have qemu as well,
but cannot connect to it. How can I make qemu work with it?

And, this is the output of qemu:
$ qemu -cdrom /dev/cdrom -hda fedora.qcow -boot d -net nic -net user -m 196
-localtime
Could not configure '/dev/rtc' to have a 1024 Hz timer. This is not a fatal
error, but for better emulation accuracy either use a 2.6 host Linux kernel or
type 'echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq' as root.
Could not open '/dev/kqemu' - QEMU acceleration layer not activated

What's wrong?

Thanks,
Martin

Attachments: