boot.iso

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu May 17 22:59:07 UTC 2007

Jason Taylor wrote:
> I have noticed when trying to install devel from boot.iso that when
> inputting the HTTP location it will sometimes prepend a "/" to the
> directory
> location after selecting "ok" even if it wasn't typed this causes an error
> "unable to retrieve
> http://mirror.anl.gov//pub/fedora-linux-core/development/i386/os/images/stage2.img"
>
> when going back to remove the offending "/" the problem is repeated.
I noticed similar for ftp urls.

It was mentioned some time ago that unix fs ? formats allow directory
reference with one or more / as directory separators, so in theory they
should be OK.

I tried clicking your url. Even with the // changed to /, the link
returns a 404. Perhaps the link is incorrect ? Did it come from a mirror
{perhaps mirror list needs updating}. Also, I understand the mirror
structure may have been changed.

Try going up a few directories ;)

DaveT.