Fedora rawhide live images (20070517)

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Sun May 20 00:05:38 UTC 2007

Am Sat, 19 May 2007 23:36:04 +0000 (UTC)
schrieb Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>:

> Will Woods <wwoods <at> redhat.com> writes:
> > > _We_ the collective are aware that the x86_64 live spins can't
> > > fit on a CD-R yes?  Is there time to repair this?
> >
> > Sadly, no. At least, not for F7. We've had this discussion every
> > time we've released an x86_64 live image (We call them "Live
> > Images" and not "LiveCD images" for a reason...)
>
> Well, they could easily fit on a CD-R90, and in fact the GNOME-based
> one already does. The KDE one doesn't (unless you use Mode 2/XA,
> which means less error checking, so that's probably a bad idea),
> AFAIK because Sebastian Vahl decided to make use of the extra size of
> the DVD to enable some additional stuff (locales, mainly).

I haven't seen a x86_64 kde livecd in detail (because I also have to
download them), but: this version should be just a normal kde-livecd
with multilib for x86_64. The localizations are much bigger. My test
version of a full localized dvd version (for i386) is around 1,1 gig.

Sebastian