X Freezes?

Dr. Diesel dr.diesel at gmail.com
Tue May 22 11:20:28 UTC 2007

I thought it was just a fluke till it started happening to my FC7 box.
 It started, and still happens, on my FC6 machine.  If the machine
goes idle for any period of time greater than about 5 hours, when you
wake it up and flick on the Firefox (or any open app i believe) the
screen freezes.  Anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds, nothing refreshes.
Then all of the sudden, everything is good!  Both machines are running
Beryl, and it doesn't freeze until after you click on something.  I'm
not talking Sleep or hibernation, just the screensaver/blank screen on
for several hours.

It seems the longer the machine is idle, the longer it is frozen.

Ayone else seeing this?