Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

Oliver Ruebenacker curoli at gmail.com
Wed May 23 19:26:48 UTC 2007

     Dear friends,

  I actually was able to make it work. The problem was my kernel was
too new, not too old, so I could not find a corresponding kmdl on
atrpms. Downgraded to the newest possible version (3167, I think) then
specified the correct ipw3945-kmdl, also installed ipw3945d.

  Well, I had it working a week or two ago, but then after some
update, it broke. I wonder how long it will be working now! ;)

  Now, some glitches remain: I have to start ipw3945d manually each
time, it does not appear in the list of services. Also, now the
updater offers kernel updates that fail to install due to lack of
matching ipw3945-kmdl. I wonder what will happen when atrpms comes out
with a new ipw3945-kmdl, will yum be smart enough to find and install
it along with the matching kernel?

  Thanks for all the help!

     Take care
     Oliver

  p.s.: yeah, I should have found rpm's --oldversion myself, but I was
looking for something parallel to -U, and that does not seem to exist.