Fedora 7 Final testing

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat May 26 06:21:06 UTC 2007

On Saturday 26 May 2007 02:18:15 Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> But I suspect that ldconfig and desktop
> update could be run once for the whole transaction rather than once
> for each package that needs it.

It's not as simple as that though, as some packages need to run themselves
in %post and thus need to have their libraries accessable and thus really do
need ldconfig ran.  Or even more difficult to discover is package B needs to
run package A in %post so Package A's libraries must be acessable.

That said, yes, there is a lot to gain for batching these timely operations.
Doing so in an intelligent way that doesn't break things is going to be
difficult at best.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora