Newest kernel Fedora (2.6.21-1.3194.fc7) killed ndiswrapper

Chris Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Mon May 28 16:42:56 UTC 2007

On 28/05/07, Arch Willingham <arch at tuparks.com> wrote:

> Stupid question:....I did a man insmod but what's insmod? Am I supposed to
> run it?

Sorry Arch, insmod is the command to insert a module (in this case your
ndiswrapper.ko which is the ndiswrapper linux kernel module). You said

Note that of teh output below, there were only two new errors: "WARNING:
"__spin_lock_init" [/downloads/ndiswrapper-1.44/driver/ndiswrapper.ko]
undefined!" and "FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.21-
1.3194.fc7/misc/ndiswrapper.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown
parameter (see dmesg)"

so it would be good to see what dmesg says. There are 'other' repositories
that hold ndiswrapper and you will probably want to use these rather than
compiling from source when f7 is released. Anyway, if you try to load
ndiswrapper again and then as and when it fails post back the output of:

dmesg | tail -n 20

Cheers
Chris

--