SELinux is preventing gdm (xdm_t) "execute" to <Unknown> (rpm_exec_t). et ALL

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Nov 28 00:39:51 UTC 2007

Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have been applying the updates and still
> settroubleshoot pops up and gives the messages:
>

> Summary
>     SELinux is preventing gdm (xdm_t) "execute" to
> <Unknown> (rpm_exec_t).

It appears that this error happens when gdm loads. I reported other
errors regarding SELinux for several problems. Most of the errors seem
to effect the X server or gnome display manager.

I added to you bug ticket my SELinux error.
It happens even if you relabel SELinux.

I've been booting into runlevel 3 mostly except for test. Runlevel 3
doesn't have all of the SELinux errors. Most are only showing up in
runlevel 3.