Panasonic CF-52 (Radeon X2100), and xorg does not work with F8T3

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Fri Nov 2 22:40:15 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 17:26 -0500, Todd Denniston wrote:
> You did mean that the ati driver that comes with the xorg in the F8
> distro
> would not work, but that the fglrx from livna has a chance to work
> right????

No it won't.

> I just updated the system from F8T3 to the current rawhide set
> (including the
> kernel), rebooted and then `yum install kmod-fglrx`.  after rebooting
> again so
> that the xorg.conf got built by the livna stuff, I did a startx
> and ...
> got the same result as the vesa driver, i.e., locked system and black
> screen.
> AAAAGGGHH!

The fglrx driver, 8.42.3 I believe, won't work with current F8/rawhide
as it doesn't support the 2.6.23 kernel.  There should be another
release this month that should support it then (don't quote me on this
but this is what I have heard).

So you are stuck using the vesa driver, or you can wait and at least try
the radeonhd driver as well.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY