Anybody got Sun's Java running on F8rc3?

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 14:09:33 UTC 2007

On 11/4/07, Knute Johnson <knute at frazmtn.com> wrote:

> >> Can you tell me exactly how you installed it?
> >
> ># yum install java-1.7.0-icedtea-plugin
> >
> >Rahul
>
> It was a 20k file, which seems odd, and it doesn't work.  Any ideas
> where to go from here?  I did install java-1.7.0-icedtea and java-
> 1.7.0-devel.  I can run programs and compile programs but the plugin
> is dead.  Is there some other files that I need.  You used to have to
> install compat-libstdc++-33 to make java plugins work.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Knute Johnson
> Molon Labe...
>

> --

Are you on x86 or x64?

I'm on x64 and the only thing I had to do to get it to work other than
installing it was remove nspluginwrapper and then reinstall it, not sure why
it wouldn't config it, but the plugin showed up as a link in
/usr/lib64/mozilla/pluggins but still didn't work until I re-installed.

This should work, but didn't.
/usr/bin/mozilla-plugin-config

So now I'm using a firefox.x86_64 browser with java plugin ;)