yum update f7-f8 success

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 11:50:53 UTC 2007

On Nov 10, 2007 10:24 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 18:47 -0500, Michael Wiktowy wrote:
> > Just that they can't
> > connect to the pulseaudio server.
>
> One thing to try:  Check in your System => Preferences => Personal =>
> Sessions applet, and add the following:
>
> Name: PulseAudio Session Management
> Command: pactl load-module module-x11-xsmp
> Comment: Load module-x11-xsmp into PulseAudio
>
> Please let us know if this works so we can add it to the UpgradeFaq.
> (Or add it yourself for bonus points!)

I still haven't figured out what the difference is between a new user
and an existing one that is making PulseAudio not work. Differences in
what is started in the Session was one of the first things that I
checked and that entry does exist and seems to be running.

Still looking and will definitely report here if I find it.

/Mike