INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Mon Nov 12 20:19:20 UTC 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 06:57:20PM +0100, Antonio wrote:
> I love blleding edge, maybe that it is too risky for my office laptop,
> but I will stay with rawhide :-)

This is "rawhide" so this is _supposed to be_ risky.  It did not
happen to me yet but if something will eat your filesystems, or
other nastie on that level, do not be surprised.  On various
occasions my test machine was refusing to boot but that risk
can be easily mitigated with elementary precautions.

Only you can answer if in the given situation this is "too risky"
but if you have to ask how to recover from possible screwups then on
your office laptop quite likely "yes".

Take also into account potential security gotchas; although in that
aspect usually you may be a bit better off than with the current
Fedora release.  An operative word here is "usually".

  Michal