INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Nov 12 22:00:22 UTC 2007

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 06:55:15 +0900
John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:

> Are you saying "they" _deliberately_ release broken code?

No, we just release builds.  All the builds that happen.  Often times
we don't know /what/ is broken until we mash it together with the rest
of the builds and call it rawhide, and get people to test it.  Rawhide
is our testing ground to see what's broken before we spin it into a
release.  So yeah, often times it's just grenades tossed over the wall.

--
Jesse Keating