how raw is current rawhide?

Tom Brinkman tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 20 23:12:46 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 20 November 2007 03:48:24 pm Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 23:40:15 +0200
>
> Riku Seppälä <riku.seppala at kymp.net> wrote:
> > Last time I used my (infamous HP) laptop I was running F8RC1,
> > today I enabled the development repo and did yum update.
> > Mouse stopped working, sound seems buggy and there is something
> > wrong with X. Are there some big changes going on right now?

> Yes. (:

   HTH, but Jesse is right an we were forewarned about severe X
breakage.  I got bored so I commented out  exclude=xorg-* an
updated this afternoon.  Sure'nuff, on reboot, no mouse or kybd.

   This is a fairly new (June) T61 Thinkpad all intel, w/ external
USB mouse so I thought I might slip in ;)  An I did in a way.
B'fore I had no xorg.conf, but changed the resolution from
1680x1050 to 1280x800. Which created an xorg.conf. Worked fine
before ;)

   Booted a F8 DVD an used the rescue feature to mv xorg.conf to
old.xorg.conf.  Booted again an everything works, cept I'm back to
1680x1050.  Tried goin back to 1280 again, which created an
xorg.conf, same deal, no mouse, no kybd.  So deleleted xorg.conf
again ;)  Now it works

$ X -version

X.Org X Server 1.4.0.1
Release Date: 5 September 2007
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.20-1.3002.fc6xen i686
Current Operating System: Linux localhost.localdomain
2.6.24-0.39.rc3.git1.fc9 #1 SMP Mon Nov 19 11:06:37 EST 2007 i686
Build Date: 13 November 2007  05:47:17PM

--
    Tom Brinkman                       Corpus Christi, Texas