Can't access ACPI events in /var/run/acpid.socket

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 21 13:23:58 UTC 2007

Dear all,

Upon starting up, I see a box popup with the message

Can't access ACPI events in /var/run/acpid.socket! Make sure the ACPI subsystem is working and the acpid daemon is running.

I look for acpid using chkconfig and it returns the following:

[olivares at localhost ~]$ /sbin/chkconfig acpid --list
error reading information on service acpid: No such file or directory
[olivares at localhost ~]$

I was not getting this message before so something must be happening that triggered it.  Any suggestions/comments are accepted.

Regards,

Antonio