gdm hangs in runlevel 5

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Nov 21 23:25:46 UTC 2007

shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:
> Antonio schrieb:
>> No...it is not o.k. here: I get the Id respawn messages again.....
>>

> sorry, i meant todays gdm is ok and does not hang in runlevel 5 before
> the gdm-login.
> selinux=permissive
>
>> And I will keep the only working version on my system until it is fixed.
>
> keep your working rpms in a safe place.
>
> you mentioned other problems in your earlyer posting too.
> i know that the shutdown, restart, suspend buttons does not work (gdm-login)
> or are not available (gnome-session).
> for me it has no really high priority in this rawhide-state and so i
> will wait a few weeks and see later if you was succesfully.
>
> good luck, this is rawhide :)

If I boot with enforcing=0 I can get gdm to load successfully. The
problem with it once loaded is that the screen is small square in the
center of the screen.
I have no xorg.conf so that might be why the login for gdm is so messed
up. At least I can shut down now.
I then set SELinux back to enforcing. There are no browser popups for
SELinux and gdm. I expected something since gdm is killed with SELinux
in enforcing.