new ML for Fedora Test Update ? [was: Re: Fedora 8 Test Update: mock-0.8.8-1.fc8]

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Thu Nov 22 10:25:39 UTC 2007

Robert P. J. Day schrieb:
> On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, John Summerfield wrote:
>

>> Jesse Keating wrote:

>>> Because these are testing updates, not final updates.
>>>
>>> Anyway, we're working on solutions to cut down the noise, like an rss
>>> feed of updates announcements.
>>>
>> rss isn't convenient for everyone. My vote goes to a new list,
>> initially populated with the members of this.
>>
>> maybe for the future, the description for this list could include
>> something like this text:
>>
>>  If you want to track and discuss testing package updates, then you
>> might join fedora-test-updates too.
>>

> yes, that sounds about right.  my objection was based on this list's
> own description in the "To:" line above, and i emphasize:
>
> "For testers of Fedora Core development ***releases***"
>
> not "packages".  "releases".  so, not to put too fine a point on it,
> unless you have something to discuss related to a fedora development
> ***release***, you should take that information elsewhere, and a new
> ML would seem to be the perfect solution.

which ML would you prefer or suggest?
    fedora-test-update-list ?
    fedora-update-test-list ?

here is a short list oif the fedora MLs:

----snip----
fedora-advisory-board      [no description available]
fedora-announce-list     Announcements related to the Fedora Project
fedora-arm     Discussions about the Fedora ARM Project
Fedora-art-list     Discussions about the artwork included with Fedora,
including icons, themes, and wallpapers.
fedora-board-list     [no description available]
Fedora-buildsys-list     Discussion of Fedora build system
Fedora-cs-list     Fedora user list for Czech and Slovak people.
fedora-cvs-commits     Fedora Core cvs commits
Fedora-de-list     Fedora discussions in German
Fedora-desktop-list     Discussions about development for the Fedora desktop
Fedora-devel-announce     [no description available]
fedora-devel-java-list     Discussion list for java related Fedora
development
fedora-devel-list     Development discussions related to Fedora
Fedora-developer-sig     [no description available]
Fedora-directory-announce     Announcements for the Fedora Directory
server project
Fedora-directory-commits     List of CVS commits to the Fedora Directory
server project
Fedora-directory-devel     Fedora Directory server developer discussion.
Fedora-directory-users     General discussion list for the Fedora
Directory server project.
Fedora-docs-br     Projeto de Documentação Fedora Brasil
Fedora-docs-commits     For tracking commits to Docs Project CVS module
(/cvs/docs/)
fedora-docs-list     For participants of the Documentation Project
Fedora-eclipse-commits     [no description available]
Fedora-edu-br     [no description available]
Fedora-education-list     Fedora Education Initiative
Fedora-el-list     The mailing list of the greek Fedora community
Fedora-es-list     Fedora discussions in Spanish
fedora-extras-commits     Fedora Extras CVS commits
fedora-extras-list     Closed -- please use fedora-devel-list instead
(Was: Discussion related to Fedora Extras)
Fedora-fonts-bugs-list     Automated issue tracking on fonts and other
Fedora text rendering components
Fedora-fonts-list     Discussions on fonts and other Fedora text
rendering components
Fedora-fr-list     [no description available]
Fedora-games-list     Fedora Games
Fedora-i18n-list     Fedora internationalization discussions
Fedora-ia64-list     ia64 Fedora Core Development
Fedora-india     Mailing list for Indian contributors and users
Fedora-infrastructure-list     [no description available]
Fedora-ja-list     Fedora discussions in Japanese
Fedora-kernel-list     Fedora kernel development.
Fedora-laptop-list     Laptop related things
fedora-legacy-list     Discussion of the Fedora Legacy Project
Fedora-legal-list     [no description available]
fedora-list     For users of Fedora
Fedora-marketing-list     For discussions about marketing and expanding
the Fedora user base
Fedora-mentors-list     Mailing list for Fedora project mentors
Fedora-mktg-poland     [no description available]
Fedora-music-list     [no description available]
Fedora-news-list     [no description available]
Fedora-ocaml-list     Fedora OCaml list
Fedora-package-announce     Fedora Package Announcements
Fedora-package-review     Fedora Package Reviews
Fedora-packaging     Discussion of RPM packaging standards and practices
for Fedora
Fedora-perl-devel-list     Fedora perl development team
Fedora-php-devel-list     Fedora PHP development team
fedora-qa-list     Fedora QA
Fedora-r-devel-list     [no description available]
Fedora-relnotes-content     Raw content for release notes and docs flows
into this mailing list.
Fedora-security-commits     Commit messages about changes in
fedora-security module
Fedora-security-list     Public discussions about Fedora Related
security issues
fedora-selinux-list     Fedora SELinux support list for users & developers.
Fedora-sparc     [no description available]
fedora-test-list     For testers of Fedora Core development releases
Fedora-trans-ar     Arabic Translation Team for Fedora Core
Fedora-trans-as     Mailing list for Fedora Assamese translations
Fedora-trans-bg     [no description available]
Fedora-trans-bn     [no description available]
Fedora-trans-bn_in     Mailing List for Fedora Bengali India Translation
Community
Fedora-trans-el     Discussions about fedora localization in the greek
language
Fedora-trans-hi     [no description available]
Fedora-trans-ja     Fedora translation discussion in Japanese
Fedora-trans-list     Fedora Translation Project List
Fedora-trans-sk     [no description available]
Fedora-trans-sr     Fedora Serbian translators team
Fedora-trans-urdu     Fedora Urdu Translator's Mailing List
fedora-triage-list     Fedora BugZappers Triage Discussion
Fedora-users-br     Lista de discussão voltada para os usuários
brasileiros do Fedora
Fedora-websites-list     For maintainers and developers of all formal
Fedora websites.
Fedora-women-list     List for discussion among the women of Fedora
Fedora-xen     About using Xen with Fedora

--
shrek-m