iwl3945 & master mode

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 16:00:38 UTC 2007

While not exactly a Rawhide question, I'm hard pressed to find
out the real state of 'monitor mode' for the Intel iwl3954.

The sourceforge page is (IMHO) terrible to find out anything
useful, but I see that:
a) one person has asked for 'master mode' to be added to the driver and
b) another mailing list posting from Feb 2007, saying it should be
   in the driver.

Which is it?

The page on Linux Wireless at:
   http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers
says the feature doesn't exist.

Who's right?

... and Intel's page doesn't really say anything at all about
features, road map, etc.

My motivation is/was...
After attending a company meeting with 20 people in the room and
only one network connection I thought it should be simple to config
my F8 box to act as a bridge between the wireless and the wired
network, but I understand I have to flip the iwl3945 driver into
'master mode' first.