SELinux is preventing gdm (xdm_t) "execute" to <Unknown> (rpm_exec_t). et ALL

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 01:26:25 UTC 2007

--- Jim Cornette <fct-cornette at insight.rr.com> wrote:

> Antonio Olivares wrote:
>
> >> I've been booting into runlevel 3 mostly except
> for
> >> test. Runlevel 3
> >> doesn't have all of the SELinux errors. Most are
> >> only showing up in
> >> runlevel 3.
> >>
> >> --
> >
> > I get them on level 3 because level 5 does not
> work.
> > Still Init Respawn error message.  New Selinux
> policy
> > packages still give the error in title.  See here:
> > ..
> > Raw Audit Messages
> >
> > avc: denied { execute } for comm=gdm dev=dm-0
> name=rpm
> > pid=13279
> > scontext=system_u:system_r:xdm_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023
> > tclass=file
> > tcontext=system_u:object_r:rpm_exec_t:s0
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Antonio
>
> Are you actually logging in as root and changing to
> runlevel 3 with
> telinit? Or alternately you could unhide the grub
> menu with a keypress
> followed by pressing a
> for append and a space followed by entering a 3
> followed by enter to boot.
> Services started in 5 may not be started in 3 and
> could lead to the error.
>
> --
> War is an equal opportunity destroyer.
>
> --

I chose append and added a 3 at the end of rhgb quiet
and this still shows up.  I normally select to login
automatically in level 5 and since there we get the
INIT: respawning error, this does not work.  I have to
press a key and login manually and then type startx to
get X window.  I guess, we will have to wait till this
error(s) get fixed.

Sorry to bring this issue/complain about it.
Eventually it will have to get fixed or more people
see it and it will get more attention.  Thanks for
helping and sharing your experiences and adding
valuable comments to the bug report.

Regards,

Antonio