Display changed resolution with latest rawhide

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Thu Oct 25 07:37:02 UTC 2007

Hi,
	I am testing Rawhide in a desktop machine with a fujitsu-siemens monitor
(fujitsu siemens b772-1) that supports up to 1280*1024/64 Hz.
http://www.fujitsu-siemens.lu/products/displays_projectors/crt/scenicview_b772.html

or as it can be seen in one vendor
http://www.into-lcd-monitors.com/public/180.cfm

	Up until the latest xorg update I used to get this resolution (that I had
configured using system-config-display). Today when restarting the xserver I
noticed a change in resolution to 1024*768.

	Looking into the changelog this seems to be related to the change in
xorg-x11-server and specifically with patch:
xserver-1.3.0-update-quirks.patch

	Is there any way to force the monitor to use the specified maximum resolution
as before?

	Regards,
--
José Abílio