GRUB after hibernate

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Tue Oct 2 21:22:29 UTC 2007

Leon Stringer wrote:
> Dual-boot users must make up a sizable number of Fedora laptop users all
> of whom would benefit from a better strategy. In fact I would categorise
> laptop users as:
>
> 1. One Fedora partition only
> 2. One Fedora partition + Windows partition (or MacOS X partition?)
> 3. One Fedora partition + other partitions

4. Fedora 8 beta partition + Fedora 7 partition + Windows XP partition.

Btw: It would be really nice to have a "non-destructive update" option:
Install Fedora 8 into a new partition, but copy settings from another
partition.  This includes users, installed packages, server settings,
network settings, etc etc.
--
	--Per Bothner