GRUB after hibernate

chris at idlelion.net chris at idlelion.net
Tue Oct 2 21:34:25 UTC 2007

> On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 22:02 +0100, Leon Stringer wrote:
>> I'm thinking of installing F8t1 on my laptop. Can anyone tell me if
>> there's been any movement on running GRUB after Fedora is hibernated.
>> IIRC this isn't shown because the user could choose a different kernel
>> losing any unsaved data from the hibernated session.

>> However, this seems to be burdening the user with cumbersome
>> functionality whereas what it really needs is a technical solution.

I suppose the real question is why there's a need to switch from Linux to
Windows (and I don't mean metaphysically), or if the real goal can be
accomplished using another technique like virtualization (VMWare, Virtual
PC, etc) or emulation (Wine).

Because as Jeremy noted, any OS can write to any partition.

Chris