all I wanted was to update the kernel, not a crypto lesson ...

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Oct 3 14:17:29 UTC 2007

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 15:07:27 +0100
"Christopher Brown" <snecklifter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can someone then explain to me why the rawhide key does not already
> exist on an installed system? Should this not be set up as with base,
> updates and others to prevent issues like Nelson's?

The two keys used right now are

pub   1024D/4F2A6FD2 2003-10-27
uid                  Fedora Project <fedora at redhat.com>

Used for final releases and updates.

pub   1024D/30C9ECF8 2003-10-27
uid                  Fedora Project (Test Software) <rawhide at redhat.com>

Used for Test releases and updates-testing.

Both of which are installed on the system, however not imported into
the rpmdb.

These keys may change in the future as we transition to a signing
server to sign packages (and to close up some confusion between Test
and rawhide stuff).

--
Jesse Keating