all I wanted was to update the kernel, not a crypto lesson ...

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Wed Oct 3 20:58:45 UTC 2007

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 09:44:12PM +0100, Christopher Brown wrote:
> No. I think typing --enablerepo=development or manually editing as root the
> fedora-development.repo file is a perfectly good safeguard against that. As

Have you tried this? Because if the original poster would have used
--enablerepo=development, he would have been prompted to import the key when it
was needed.

It can't know what key to get if you download just the single RPM package
and then use yum to install it -- but of course in that case with no repo
from which to draw possible dependencies, you'd better be prepared for
complications anyway.

> "Okay, a fix is in rawhide but please learn the intricacies of package
> management before applying". Also known as travelling from London to Paris
> via Bristol.

If they do it the easy way, it'll just work. If they do it the hard way,
it's harder.