update killed X

Tom Brinkman tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 4 17:40:45 UTC 2007

On Thursday 04 October 2007 11:07:42 am Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 06:39:52AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 17:15:49 +0700
> >
> > "Dan Holwerda" <dholwerda at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I have the same problem - intel driver
> >
> > This has been fixed, the updated xorg packages should be in
> > today's rawhide.
>
> If you are talking about xorg-x11-server-1.3.0.0-28.fc8
> (ajax gave koji reference
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=20093 )
> then already yesterday I posted on this list that this was NOT
> fixed at all and that gdm got broken as well.
>
> The above looks like the latest build in koji and maybe it works
> with Intel drivers but the damage is wider.
>
>    Michal

   I was gonna post earlier, but there's been so many top posts in
this thread, I didn't

  $ cat /etc/fedora-release
Fedora release 7.92 (Rawhide)
      Been that since last Friday, updated since

00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)
      Thinkpad T61

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "intel"

xorg-x11-server-utils-7.3-1.fc8
xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.3.0.0-27.fc8

     Absolutely no, never had problems with X.  Native res is
1680/1050 (15.4" WS display), but sometime ago I set it to a more
reasonable  1280x800
--
    Tom Brinkman                       Corpus Christi, Texas