Open 'http://ad.yieldman...62/A=4919451/R=0/*'?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 11:34:04 UTC 2007

http://www.geocities.com/olivares14031/Screenshot-adyieldman.png

> > > Yep, I've seen that. My quick fix/workaround is
> > > see what the ads
> > > site is (resize the dialog) and a quick:
> > > $ echo "127.255.255.254 bad.add.site.com" | sudo
> tee
> > > -a /etc/hosts
> > > :-)

> > So the command would be ad.yieldmanager.com
> instead of
> > bad.site.com correct?
>
> Exactly.
>
> > Thanks for helping,
>
> You are welcome, but this is not a fix, this is
> workaround. Imagine
> you needed to see this advertisement...
> The thing to fix is ad.yieldmanager.com, but
> browsers sometimes
> tolerate buggy sites when the bug is widespread :-(,
> so it's
> not so clear what should be fixed or not. You should
> report
> this to KDE's bugzilla I think.
>
> --
> Regards,
>   Doncho N. Gunchev, GPG key ID: 0EF40B9E, Key
> server: pgp.mit.edu

Doncho,

Thanks to your suggestions, I found something that
helps tremendously and it is working (crossing my
fingers).  I went to Settings -> Configure Konqueror
-> Adblock Filters and clicked on Enable filters added
the expression
http://ad.yieldmanager.com/

Clicked OK and so far all is well.  Thanks for your
suggestion I also did that on the other machine
combined with this and the ads have stopped.

Regards,

Antonio