My test 3 findings

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 13:29:27 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

I have just installed Fedora 8 Test 3. It was a network upgrade from F7
using anaconda. Here is what I have experienced:
1. The first problem was the fact that there was no sound. I kept
installing pulseaudio stuff, but it didn't help. Eventually, sound came
back after one reboot - no idea what fixed it.
2. Both i386 and i686 glibc got installed. System worked fine, but any
update attempt bailed out with conflicts. yum erase glibc.i386 did the
trick.
3. An usual bunch of EVR conflicts happened.
4. Inhibit applet is not being refreshed properly - it looks like new
icons are being overwritten instead. Screenshot attached.
5. I'm eager to test pulseaudio, but it does not seem to get enabled for
 upgrades. Any guidelines available?

Thanks for your attention,
Julian