livecd-iso-to-disk and FCT3

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Oct 5 15:09:55 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 14:05 +0100, William John Murray wrote:
>       I am still trying to get F8 onto a USB pen without success.
>  In T3 the F7 livecd-iso-to-disk  script fails, because  squashfs.img
> has moved.

Yes, there will be an update to livecd-tools for F7 in the near future
which will switch it to handling the new layout.  We might also stick
the livecd-iso-to-disk script on the actual images to make it a little
easier for people.

> But it sill fails to uncompress the initrd.img at boot time, see Bug
> 293281.

Have you been able to boot other images from USB?  The diskboot.img
might be a useful one to try (just dd it to a stick; warning -- this
will overwrite any data on it).  It's also probably worth checking to
see if there are any bios updates available for your system

Jeremy