Unpacking an iso file?

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Fri Oct 5 16:44:42 UTC 2007

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Keith Roberts wrote:

> I have downloaded the 7.92 test 3 DVD iso image. I would
> like to put this on my local web server, and do a network
> install from that onto my laptop, via http. I suppose this
> would be a lot faster than a network installation across the
> internet?

substantially  ;)

> Are there any Linux utilites that would allow me to unpack
> the iso's contents into my web server directory please?

There is a script for this, which has been working for me to
set up ISO images for LTSP, and RHL test installs -- looking
at it I first published an ancestor of the current scriipt
externally five years ago.  Looks like I started using it
before RHL 6 days. See item 6.

 	http://www.owlriver.com/tips/pxe-install/

Other approaches to hang ISO images for wire installs abound
as well.  From doco from its upstream:
 	http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Installation_Guide-en-US/s1-steps-network-installs-x86.html

- Russ Herrold